In this method, the OLOID body is positioned completely below the water surface. The water surface remains still and pulse-like waves propagate through the whole volume of water, that is, no additional oxygen is introduced by the OLOID. The assembly is possible by a float, various fixtures on the pool deck or by the use of deep-lying frames.
Advantages to conventional stirrers
- The transformation is performed so that the surface water into deeper layers and the deep-water is brought to the surface.
- The flow path is ideal for the positioned on the surface OLOID for use in shallow pool with a large surface.
- In cylindrical tanks, the flow reached depth of up to 5 m.
- In deep basins combining OLOID deep-lying frames with surface mounted OLOIDs is recommended.
- The flow structure has an impulse-like character, thereby can circulate with little energy large volumes of water.
- The eighth looped movement of the agitating body leads to good mixing.
- The shape and nature of the movement are gentle to the material to be stirred, it hardly develops shear forces (E.g.: microorganisms, activated sludge)
- There is an optimal support of biodegradation processes (E.g.: carbon, nitrogen elimination)
- The use of solar technology is possible thereby fossil fuels are spared.
Comparison of conventional agitator (left) and the OLOID (right) in a plan (top) and side view (bottom)